Lake Manawa Sailing Association
If you are new to LMSA, see the information below to find out more about becoming a member.
Membership for the Lake Manawa Sailing Association (LMSA) provides
Use of the launching facilities including LMSA docks, electric hoist, launching ramp, tractor (after proper checkout), lakefront beach area, and RC boat (for races only).
Use of the club boats after proper checkout (club boats include lasers, sunfish, butterfly, hobie waves, kayak and canoes).
- Use of members only facilities including library, shower, shop, gas grills and beach toys as well as the ability to reserve the pavilion for private events.
- Reserved boat parking stalls in a secure, well-lighted enclosure near to the launching area (additional fee for boat parking).
- A true family-oriented facility to include various social and sailing functions.
- Provides the opportunity to join and race in one of the many racing fleets including Snipes with the Iowa Nebraska Sailing Association (INSA), open class racing with the Eastern Nebraska Sailing Association (ENSA), match racing Santana 20’s with the Manawa Match Racing League (MMRL) and/or Cruiser Fleet Racing.
- The Windward Women provides support and camaraderie for women interested in sailing.
To Join the Lake Manawa Sailing Association following these steps:
To pay by credit card:
- Click on “Pay LMSA Dues Here!” button below.
- Fill in the required information.
- Be sure to read the membership agreement and rules. Agree to terms and press “Add to Cart“.
- Additional Purchases (can be made at a later date):
- Fleet Memberships: To add fleet memberships, select the desired fleet(s) (INSA, ENSA, Cruiser Racing or MMRL) and add to cart.
- Parking: If you have a boat and wish to secure parking, go to the Parking page under the “Shop” menu to see options.
- Storage: If you would like to purchase sail tube, motor or locker storage, go to the Storage page under the “Shop” menu to see options.
- When you have made all of your selections, Go to Check Out, select Pay by credit card.
- Please create a password for your account if you are a new member which will give you access to the Members Only page your membership is processed (usually 1 day). Now checkout. You will receive an email confirmation. Contact us if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To pay by cash or check:
- Download and complete the LMSA Membership Application Form (fillable PDF).
- If parking or storage is needed, download and complete LMSA Parking-Storage Application Form (fillable PDF).
- Print and sign form(s).
- If paying by check,
- Attach check for full payment to application form(s) (Partial payments will NOT be accepted).
- Mail payment and form(s) to
- Lake Manawa Sailing Association
- Attn: Membership
- 812 Comanche St.
- Council Bluffs IA 51501
- If paying by cash,
- Contact the facility manager (email@example.com) to arrange a time to meet at the club to complete payment.
- Bring completed and signed application form(s) and full payment.
- The facility manager cannot accept partial payments. All payments must be in full or the application(s) will be rejected.
- The facility manager cannot issue a paper receipt for cash purchases. All purchases are logged into the website which will generate an email receipt.
- Website Account: A website account allows you to access the Members Only page which contains information important to members. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. If you need assistance with an account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A vehicle access permit is required at Lake Manawa for non-Iowa vehicles. Permits may only be purchased from the Iowa DNR. To find out more visit the non-resident vehicle page.
READY, SET, SAIL:
Basic Racing Membership $40
First Year Racing Membership $25
Social/Junior Membership $15
Cruiser Fleet Racing Dues
Basic annual membership fee is $25.
Lake Manawa Women’s Sailing Group (no cost)
For boat parking, tube and locker storage go to the “Storage” page to add to your cart started above and use check out method to pay on-line.
If you have any questions, please “Contact Us” at email@example.com