LAKE MANAWA SAILING SCHOOL
JUNIOR STUDENT WAIVER FORM
This form must be completed by a parent or legal guardian if the student will be under the age of 18 as of the first day of class. Please complete form at least seven (7) days prior to the first day of class.
This is NOT a registration form. If you have not yet registered for a class, go to the Sailing School page and register.
Any questions or concerns, please contact Teresa Silence, firstname.lastname@example.org (call or text 402-708-0301)
Class may be cancelled the day of if there are dangerous weather conditions. What is the best method(s) to notify you?
Rules and Discipline Policy
1. No students allowed on docks without supervision and wearing a life jacket
2. Life jackets must be worn and secured at all times on docks, piers, boats, or in the water (by students, instructors, and coaches)
3. Closed toed footwear to be worn at all times
4. No running
5. No swimming (except with the specific permission of the instructors or assistants)
6. No jumping off boats (except with the permission of the instructors or assistants)
7. Respect one another: no hitting, pushing, or roughhousing
8. Use respectful language: no swearing, foul, or rude language
9. No littering on land or water
10. Stay with the class unless you have explicit permission from an instructor to leave
11. All students must make an effort to sail out and return to docks together or with a buddy
12. Prior to drills, all boats must stay within hailing distance of the safety/coach boat
13. All coach boats and junior sailboats must return to the dock prior to sunset
14. No damaging or destruction of club or private property
15. No smoking, drugs or alcohol (grounds for immediate expulsion, no fee refunded)
16. No playing on or near ramps and hoists
17. No playing with boom, hoist or crane
18. Club owned boats must be properly returned and put away after use
19. Sailors must make every effort to avoid collisions
1. First Strike: Student warned and incident noted in student's file.
2. Second Strike: Student warned and parent/guardian notified and asked to meet with Program Director. The incident and meeting notes noted in student's file.
3. Third Strike: Student required to sit out for the rest of the day. Parent/guardian notified and required to meet with the Program Director. Commodore also informed. Student is subject to expulsion. No fee will be refunded.
WAIVER AND MEDICAL RELEASE
We, the undersigned being a student applicant for admission to The Lake Manawa Sailing Association’s Junior Sailing School (“Sailing School”) and parent/guardian of student applicant, do hereby acknowledge that participation in the Sailing School Program poses certain inherent risks which cannot be avoided and acknowledge that we are accepting those risks.
I acknowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present and I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
In consideration of the acceptance of student’s application, we release and forever discharge the Lake Manawa Sailing Association, its Officers, its Board of Directors, its Sailing School instructors, assistants and staff, its servants, agents, employees and volunteers from any claim for property damage, injury or death arising out of or during the course of any participation in the Sailing School Program.
We parent/guardian represent that we have and will maintain sufficient coverage under our homeowner’s or tenant’s liability insurance policy for any acts of student in pursuance of Sailing School activities, including any negligent acts.
We further certify that, to the best of our knowledge, student is in good physical condition and suffers from no physical, emotional or mental impairment, which could adversely affect student’s ability to safely participate in the Sailing School programs and activities.
In the event of an emergency, I (Parent/Guardian) authorize the Lake Manawa Sailing School Junior Sailing Program instructors, assistants, coaches and volunteers to authorize any medical care and treatment advised by a physician or surgeon if after reasonable efforts, none of the student’s Emergency Contacts identified in the Medical Information section could be reached.
We have read and understand the RULES AND DISCIPLIE POLICY and agree to abide by that policy.
I hereby grant permission to Lake Manawa Sailing Association to use photographs and/or video taken of student during sailing instruction in publications, news releases, online, and in other communications